Canada is the great country to visit, to work or to spend some time there. No matter what is the reason to travel to Canada, it usually requires a visa.
If you want to apply for a Canadian visa, first prepare all necessary documents, and follow the instructions you are given.
If you are the citizen of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand, actually, you do not need any visa to enter Canada. You just need an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) and you can do everything you need online.
ETA application can be approved a few minutes after application submission. In some situations, you can be asked to submit some additional documents and, the process might last several days. So, our recommendation is to ETA before you book your flight or buy tickets.
Depending on the reason why you want to go to travel to Canada, there are different types of visas, including:
– Student visa – you need it if you want to study in Canada. When you get it, you can also bring your family with you as well as to apply for open work permits (for you and for your spouse)
– Super visa for parents and grandparents – the great opportunity for your family to join you in Canada
– Visitor visa – providing you to visit Canada, but the major requirement that you have to satisfy is, to leave Canada at the end of visa, as it is a temporary one
– Work permits – providing you a great chance to gain work experience in Canada that can finally lead you to Canadian Permanent Residence
– Business Class Immigration – dealing exclusively with business class applicants.
There is also a very interesting opportunity, to gain Working Holiday Visa in Canada. This kind of visa applications is limited to citizens coming from the countries, a part of the working holiday visa program in Canada. If you want to apply for it, you should do that on time, as the number of working holidays visa is legally limited for each year. So if you don’t get your application in quickly, you may not receive one of these rare opportunities.
If you want to apply for it, you should:
– Be a citizen of the country which is a part of IEC (International Experience Canada) program
– Have a valid passport
– Be between 18 and 35
– Pass an online interview
– Provide evidence on funds that can cover your expenses until you find job (minimum $1,000)
– Pass medical examination
– Provide police clearance certificate
– Provide an invitation letter
– Have your own health and travel insurance
– Be a student or graduate at a specific university
If you get the visa, you can enter Canada and have the right to work a part-time job as long as your visa is valid. When it expires, you have no right to renew it or to extend it. If you want to stay in Canada, you have to apply for work visa.
Many opportunities are there that this country has to offer and these were types of the visa that you should consider if you decide to go there.